Job Id: 1042
Staff Image Scientist – Intelligence, Surveillance
Expert knowledge of image processing algorithms, as well as, an understanding and experience with the components of imaging systems (optics, focal planes, etc.). The candidate should understand what drives and impacts good image quality. Experience with high altitude or space based reconnaissance is a plus. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
- Lead technical projects
- Represent Image Science during technical exchanges with internal and external customers
- Prototype image processing algorithms
- Analyze and model imaging systems for performance and image quality
- Collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams to devise leading edge sensor solutions
- Write and encourage robust, maintainable documentation
Minimum, a BS in Imaging Science, Physics, Mathematics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or related field required. A MS or Ph.D preferred.
- At Least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong mathematical background with emphasis in one or more of the following: Statistics, Linear Systems, Fourier Analysis
- Deep knowledge of image processing algorithms
- Design, documentation and Product Development Life Cycle experience
- Experience with prototype algorithm development and data analysis in languages such as Matlab, Python, or IDL Preferred Skills
- Experience with Photogrammetry preferred
- Experience with either high altitude airborne or satellite ISR sensors
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. Active or recent clearances preferred
*Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application*