Job Id: 1169
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Be part of the engineering design team for laser manufacturing systems. This role assists engineering management with ensuring system concept and quote development, works in conjunction with electrical and controls engineers to design unique and effective systems for customers and ensures clear design documentation and bills of materials for the production team. This role also assists the service teams in ensuring appropriate maintenance and repair of aftermarket products throughout their life-cycle.
- Design and develop industrial laser systems and integrated assembly solutions using innovative engineering solutions derived from the company’s laser portfolio; generating precision mechanical systems and tooling that are imaginative, thorough, practical and within cost and time targets
- Manage project cost and timeline
- Periodically interact with customers and vendors to discuss, understand and/or establish requirements
- 3D Modeling and Stress Analysis using Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks. Execute sound engineering practices, backed up with hand calcs, FEA, etc
- Co-Develop and layout innovative Opto-Mechanical laser beam deliver designs
- Design to micron level accuracy on integrated multi-axis linear/rotary motion and part holding
- Provide Fixturing solutions for intricate part-holding solutions
- Generate Detail Drawings with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Engineering fields
- Minimum of 7+ years of precision mechanical systems design experience in motion systems design, opto-mechanical design, and integration into material laser processing workstations
- Previous experience in precision design for hi accuracy positioning systems, such as Semiconductor and/or SMT processing and assembly systems
- Previous laser systems and opto-mechanical design experience
- Previous experience designing robotic work cells and associated end effectors
- Significant experience using Inventor and SolidWorks software
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to assist with hands-on prototype design/assembly and ‘on the floor‘ support in transfers to production.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.