Job Id: 1181
Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position: Sr. Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer
Location: DC, VA, MD
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer and provide software and firmware design and development efforts for second generation lidar to support the fast moving autonomous vehicle sector.
Projects will include lab demonstrations, field measurement campaigns, and prototype to be supplied to potential customers for testing in their systems. Work requires real time and offline algorithm adaption and coding board including the development of systems that incorporate microprocessors, microcontrollers, memory systems, complex interfaces, and field-programmable gate arrays.
• Design, develop, and test complex micro-processor, micro-controller and FPGA based circuit cards.
• Architect, design, code and test complex FPGAs
• Deliver high quality design, documentation and implementation that meet defined requirements as well as support products throughout the life cycle
• BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (Master’s degree is a plus)
• 7+ years of overall digital design based electrical engineering experience
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience with designing and developing circuit cards with microprocessor (single and/or multi-core), microcontroller, or FPGAs
US Citizenship requirement