Job Id: 1197
Software Development Engineer
Lead the development of custom optical design software solutions (either as stand-alone or interfacing with Zemax) to extract the maximum benefit from LGRIN based systems as well as predicting manufacturing yield of LGRIN elements and LGRIN based systems. Work as part of a multidisciplinary polymer, mechanical, and optical engineering team to advance the design, fabrication, and large-scale manufacturing of our proprietary nano-layered gradient index of refraction (LGRIN) optical technology.
- Work closely with the optical and manufacturing teams to identify gaps in current software tools/capabilities and design, develop, and implement efficient software solutions.
- Lead architect and programmer of all optical design software solutions.
- Set development schedules, milestones, and run regularly scheduled code reviews (including preliminary design and critical design reviews) with key stake holders.
- Develop standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides, and train other optical designers, as needed, to use newly developed software tools.
- BS in Physics, Optics or Electrical Engineering (a MS may be substituted for direct experience).
- Demonstrated ability to use the Zemax ZOS-API to solve unique optical design problems and/or to improve functionality or efficiency.
- Proficient with Zemax’s User-Defined-Surface/User-Defined-Objects (UDS/UDO)
- Proficient with Zemax’s ZPL and ZOS-API programming languages
- Proficient with MATLAB (or Python)
- Familiarity with optical tolerancing
- Familiarity with optical metrology methods to characterize optical elements and systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application