Job Id: 1120
Senior Staff EO IR Systems Engineer
Work across multiple programs to support the design, fabrication and testing of Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) systems. The position requires experience in systems engineering, performance modeling, design trades studies, sensor characterization, data analysis, system concept of operations development, system integration, and system validation/verification. A big part of this job will be writing proposals in response to requests for new solutions to concepts required by various DOD entities.
Since most of these projects involve a broad spectrum of technologies and applications, the selected candidate will have to have a solid understanding of EO/IR devices including detectors, cameras, laser and optics in visible to LWIR bands, as well as the ability to write utility codes for data analysis, collect field data and perform testing.
Under the right conditions this could be a remote position with periodic trips to the corporations Headquarters in the DC area.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to perform system design, conduct performance modeling, & conduct tests to validate design of EO/IR systems
- Assist in the assembly and testing of EO/IR systems that may include laser rangefinders, visible cameras, NIR cameras, SWIR sensors and cameras and/or LWIR cameras
- Assist in data collection of high throughput camera systems, rangefinders and other EO equipment and prototypes
- Assist in analyzing data, which may be for a trade study or system test
- The company is a well known research and Development company and gets involved in many R & D projects via special grants, IRAD Funding, CRAD projects.
This company provides a great compensation and benefit package with several bonus provisions.
This person will report to the Vice President of the company and work along side of many other scientists and engineers developing next generation solutions for the client needs
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application