Job Id: 1215
Senior Optical Engineer
Develop next generation optical systems. Be part of an agile optical modeling and design team reporting directly to the SVP of Optical Engineering on manufacturing process development as well as customer driven optical design projects. Work closely with both the internal manufacturing and optical design teams to develop and validate manufacturing processes for full-scale LGRIN lens production.
- BS in Physics, Optics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in optics laboratories designing, assembling, aligning, and executing experiments for both imaging and non-imaging optical systems
- Proficient with MATLAB (or Python) for data analysis and presentation
- Familiarity with optical metrology as applied to the determination of base material optical properties through system testing.
Must be a US Citizen
- BS. or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics, or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C++ (in addition to MATLAB and/or Python)
- Experience working closely with mechanical engineers to develop procedures and processes for optical element fabrication (e.g. diamond turning, polishing, etc.)
- Familiarity with defining industrial standards for optical material and element quality
- Proficient in using and maintaining optical metrology equipment as applied to determination of base material optical properties through system testing
- Proficient in making measurements to quantify and certify optical materials and elements to industry standards
- Advanced user of Zemax OpticStudio including direct experience with writing ZOS-API scripts and ZPL macros.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application