Job Id: 1159
Senior Navigation Engineer
Lead the overall solution and engineering effort for our doppler lidar based navigation solution that targets ground and air vehicles in multiple market segments. You will lead the product definition, architecture development, and provide technical leadership to the implementation team for a new class of products. A breadth of engineering expertise building real world navigation system instruments is needed as is a deep understanding of Autonomy and Navigation related software stacks as used by OEM’s manufacturing ground vehicles, industrial vehicles and aircraft. Your proven ability to plan and execute prototype and production designs through operational testing will be a heavily weighted factor. Experience with various navigation platforms and a deep understanding of navigation platform trade-offs is also important. As important will be your ability to understand the customers’ systems and requirements and translate that into solutions
The work involves planning, oversight, execution, and monitoring analysts, designers, software developers, simulation tools, testing, and conducting performance validation and verification of optical and photonic elements, electronic data processing, controls, and instrumentation systems. These will be used for detecting, recording, measuring, or controlling physical conditions, phenomena, and environments encountered in automotive (aeronautical and aerospace) development programs.
- Technical systems management in collaboration with the Business Unit
- Technical planning, schedule development and cost estimation
- Leadership of systems engineering team
- Technical team management working with a matrix engineering organization
- Prototype system development
- Manufacturing design and development
- Generate and review development and design approaches for adequacy, feasibility, cost, and conformance to overall goals and best engineering practices.
- Present results at project reviews and technical conferences.
- Ensure hardware and software systems meet project objectives and environmental standards and are compatible with support and data processing capabilities.
- Write and review technical goals and approaches, monitor progress in design through testing. Provide technical assistance in development, design, and integration of technologies and systems.
- Deep expertise in Autonomous vehicle navigation software and sensor fusion techniques
- Assured Positioning, Navigation, and Timing system engineering experience
- Understanding of GPS navigation fundamentals and potential challenges in GPS only nav systems
- Understanding and ability to characterize the performance of state of the art approaches to GPS-challenged environments and nav solution resilience – including image aided, road constrained, inertial measurement unit (IMU) and other dead reckoning systems, and combinations thereof
- Experience in multi-sensor fusion and resilient approaches to navigation systems, including understanding of Kalman filtering and optimizing methods
- Maintains a broad knowledge of optics and electronics (analog/digital) design engineering.
- Senior Engineer (10 years min.)
- Experienced working in and leading teams for the formulation, design, development, calibration, implementation, and field deployment of difficult optical and electronic measurement and instrumentation systems for laboratory, aeronautics, or space flight systems.
- Experience with full life cycle development.
- Experience in system performance modeling and model-based systems engineering
- Experienced Project Management tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues that arise during integration and testing.
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering is required
- Significant hands on experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application