Job Id: 1036
Senior Laser Engineer
Individual will develop highly advanced laser systems, from concept to product and work with a highly motivated, high performance technical team on highly differentiated, disruptive technology.
Education and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Optics. MSEE/PhD preferred.
- Five (5) years of hands-on design experience in semi-conductor lasers with emphasis on III-V materials preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of success, from concept to manufacturing.
- Must have a background on III-V materials, especially as applied to optoelectronic devices.
- Experience in the design, simulation, testing, and analysis of III-V lasers.
- Experience working with process engineers to define fabrication methods, layout, and test requirements.
- Able to perform short and long term testing of devices to ensure products meet design objectives and client specifications.
- Track record of successfully identifying and resolving product issues during all phases of the product life cycle to include the design and production.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Successful completion of a post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Sedentary position consisting of sitting, standing, walking.
- Daily use of computer, fax/copy machine, telephone, and other general office equipment.
- Some travel required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the Company.
- Design, simulation, testing, and analysis of III-V lasers.
- Drive technology transfer to manufacturing.
- Propose novel concepts for next-generation products.
- Document process specifications and train relevant personnel when needed.
- Proactively identify issues and offer solutions to the VP of Engineering.
- Prepare for, and deliver presentations to customers as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.