Job Id: 1113
Senior Director of Engineering
Responsible for leading a team of 65 engineers and technician through 6 direct reports in the design of Guidance and navigation systems. The technologies include stabilized Line of Sight (LOS) , inertial navigation (INS), and Inertial measurement systems (IMS).
Included in these product lines are inertial sensors (accelerometers, gyros), electronics, systems and software, mechanical packaging, test equipment, configuration management and design drafting. Additionally, engineering is responsible for engineering tasks and supporting processes for all GND products across the product life cycle including concept feasibility, independent research and development (IRAD), pre-proposal customer engagement, proposal generation, design, development, pre-production readiness, production transition, production support, and obsolescence management.
- Create and execute an engineering departmental strategy aligned with the company strategic growth vision.
- Manage a team of seasoned managers that are subject matter experts in the inertial navigation fields.
- Allocate resources to Programs in conjunction with the Director of Programs and manage quality and delivery of critical engineering program deliverables.
- Hiring and developing the engineering team to meet the needs of
- Support Sales and Marketing team and Product Line Managers in support of product line developments, both IRAD and customer funded.
- Must have experience with ITAR and licensing, including TINA
- Must have experience in the design of inertial navigation and be able to engineer unique differentiated solutions for aerospace, defense and critical commercial applications.
- Drive change throughout the department and to other internal customers and suppliers.
- Understand CMMI, DO-178 and DO-254,
- Will be expected to travel 25% to 35% as required to various customer locations both domestic and international.
- 100% focused on the Customer with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to execute through others, effective delegator
- Ability to develop and/or improve business processes
- Quantitative / analysis skills using Excel and other tools
Education & Experience:
- 15 years’ experience with at least ten years in an aerospace and defense inertial engineering management proposal preparation and presentation experience
- Solid understanding of aerospace and defense markets
- Inertial navigation experience is a must
- Familiarity with ERP / MRP systems in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Familiar with systems and software design, development and integration including DO-178, DO-254 and CMMI
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, advanced degree (MS and/or MBA) heavily preferred
- US citizen / ability to work on U.S. government programs, ability to obtain security clearance
*Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application*