Job Id: 1209
Senior Business Development Manager
Leader in the design and manufacture of precision motion control products and inertial control components. Our inertial guidance and navigation systems control military and commercial aircraft, military land vehicles, missiles, marine vehicles, satellites, and space instruments.
This individual is directly responsible for establishing and maintaining a pipeline of new business opportunities from lead generation, opportunity identification, maturation, and shaping through capture and proposal submission, delivering top and bottom line growth. Candidate should have BD or capture experience with the US Army (directly and/or via Primes). The ideal candidate should have a fundamental understanding of inertial navigation technology as applied to military manned and unmanned vehicles, weapons, and related systems. Must have the ability to work with technical teams to develop, plan, manage and deliver complex solutions. This person must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting information across all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement a plan for growing land-vehicle business.
- Develop and maintain customer intimacy by having a thorough understanding of customer organizations (Army program offices & Prime contractors) and building key relationships within them, with the goal of shaping requirements tailored to offerings.
- Lead product strategy development to ensure builds and maintains a competitive advantage.
- Develop strategic relationships with potential industry, government, and academia partners to help strengthen our competitive position.
- Create, manage, & implement go-to-market plans (strategic vision, action plan, competitive intelligence, investments, business case, etc.), and build capture plans demonstrating that product offerings provide a compelling value proposition.
- Review and evaluate marketing information and intelligence for competitors, and summarize strengths and weaknesses compared to product offerings.
- Lead reviews with Senior Leadership and drive organizational alignment for key pursuits.
- Promote the Brand by creating white papers, leading customer or in-house product. demonstrations, and developing a social-media presence. Candidate will conceptualize the need, organize the correct company participants, and lead the collaboration to completion. Support generation of marketing plans, including web-presence and trade shows.
- Develop and achieve a 5-year booking forecast; Prepare forecasts of new business opportunities within the markets assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in all aspects of the business development life cycle from identification of new opportunities through capture, proposal development, and new program start.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead by influence is a critical skill needed to lead functional organizations virtually when generating Customer proposals.
- 10+ years performing Business Development (sales, marketing, capture, proposal) activities, especially for military vehicles and weapons systems.
- Prior Army experience highly desired.
- Strong technical background, preferably inertial navigation systems.
- Hunter mentality and strong understanding of the customer decision making process, quickly building strong relationships with targeted individuals.
- Must understand DoD budgeting process and how targeted opportunities become a Program of Record.
- Familiar with DCS, FMS, FMF, OTA, and other procurement processes.
- International experience desired.
- Formal training in the Shipley capture process strongly desired.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.