Job Id: 1198
Lead the development of custom software solutions that cover the design, metrology, and analysis of novel gradient-index-based optical elements. There is significant optical and scientific expertise in the company, with a strong need for an employee capable of independently translating the science into robust, custom software solutions that address challenging numerical problems.
- Transform physical models of optical and mechanical behavior into numerical models efficiently and robustly.
- Offer expertise on best hardware/software solutions for achieving programming goals for difficult modeling/optimization simulations.
- Set development schedules, milestones, and run regularly scheduled code reviews (including preliminary design and critical design reviews) with key stake holders.
- Deploy and maintain software solutions in the development and production environment.
- Develop standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides, and train manufacturing engineers and technicians, as needed, to use newly developed software tools.
- BS in Physics, Optics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (a MS may be substituted for direct experience).
- Demonstrated ability in developing software solutions for applied / numerical models.
- Fluency in multiple programming languages and platforms.
- Experience with parallel programming, leveraging GPU resources.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application