Job Id: 1044
Production Supervisor \ Finishing
Supervise the day-to-day operation of the Back End of the Chuck Value Stream, focusing on productivity, performance to schedule, operating within budget guidelines and producing quality work at or above targeted goals. Responsible for the staffing and training, cross-training, development and appraisal of the workforce. Leading and communicating with a diverse group, ensure a safe, quality work environment is maintained for all employees. Review and approve schedules and timecards, monitor processes, supplies and WIP. Plans and assigns work; implements policies and procedures; increases subordinates’ skills and capabilities; and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Provide technical support for area personnel. On call during off hours to provide support for personnel in production.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or comparable work experience
• 7-10 years experience in Interferometer Metrology, Lapping and Clean Room operations.
• Experience in high mix low volume manufacturing environment (Custom precision plano-optics fabrication or manufacturing operations requiring precision lapping and clean room metrology)
• Prior supervisory experience
• Requires significant experience with Lapping machining and Clean Room operations.
• Requires significant experience in achieving nanometer tolerances
Production Supervisor – Finishing: Connecticut
Call us at 919 479 1941
The Photonics Group