Job Id: 1097
Product Development Engineer
Engineer and support product development in creating new in house machining processes and advancements. This will enable the development of innovative datacenter and high speed computing fiber optic components. Specialties include fiber optic cleaning solutions, lensed ferrule technology, and high precision optical packaging components.
- Develop and refine machining processes utilizing in-house world class machining equipment.
- Utilize full range of in-house precision metrology tools in support of process development
- Identify precision equipment and tools required for ongoing advancements in capabilities
- Plan and coordinate projects for each new product assigned including scheduling of resources
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the following areas: Single Point Diamond Turing (SPDT), metrology, design, precision motion
- Develop precision fixtures and work-holding techniques and tools for machining, metrology and ancillary equipment
- Develop/maintain strategic supplier relationships focused on the delivery of materials and components that enable new tooling capabilities
- Software: MS Office, CAD/CAM, Matlab/Python, misc. other engineering software
- High precision machining equipment including milling and grinding of various materials, Wide range of precision metrology equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or engineering field
- Formal training or documented applications engineering experience with precision machining including Single Point Diamond Turing (SPDT) and precision metrology
- Background precision design, optics and/or optical modeling highly desired
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application