Job Id: 1095
Product Development Engineer
Develop new fiber optic cables in accordance with company processes. Accomplish the established objectives in areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery, and environment. Conduct industry studies and competitive analyses within the industry to ensure company remains at competitive level in fiber optic cable industry. Maximize interdepartmental coordination and cooperation with operations, Inside Sales, logistics to meet customer needs and to meet organizational goals.
Areas of responsibility:
- Operational and Technical Excellence
- Utilize cable design criteria and engineering principles to develop fiber optic cables.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product / system.
- Plan and develop experimental test programs.
- Coordinate with quality to ensure test protocol and requirements are clearly and accurately defined.
- Analyze test data to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications; confer with appropriate groups and prepare design modifications as required.
- Understand competitor product offerings and provide marketing/product management with feedback on competitive threats.
- Coordinate work with Maintenance, Quality, Logistics, on new equipment installs associated with new product development. Establish project plans in conjunction with input from all levels of the organization that ensure handoff of new and modified processes.
- Provide technical support, including documentation, to Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality.
- Identify opportunities for cost reductions and product improvements in fiber optic cable products.
- Work globally to share best practices, benchmark, and to support global projects and initiatives.
- Work with all stakeholders to achieve the plant’s goals as well as the engineering objectives at the business unit level.
- Expected results
- Design and develop new fiber optic cables that meet customers’ requirements that results in revenue and contributes to EBIDTA to meet organizational objectives.
Required skills and qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering Field required
- Cable design experience, preferably within the fiber optic wire and cable industry.
- Established competence in technical function required.
- Functional knowledge of optical test equipment and test procedures required for testing and performance verification of fiber optic cable.
*Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application*