Job Id: 1163
Optical Polishing Technician
Polish optics via spherical, double-sided lapping, and conventional fabrication techniques. Demonstrate best practices of handling, fabricating, cleaning, testing, and the proper handling of optics. Demonstrate advanced polishing, fabrication techniques, optical testing techniques. Demonstrate an ability to run multiple pieces of polishing equipment and expertise in all polishing techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Polish flats and spherical optics made of exotic materials to specified tolerances
- Scratch / Dig of 10/5 or better
- TWD of λ/10 or better
- Surface flatness of λ/20
- Measure to 1 Arc Sec
- Inspect, block, deblock, and clean during polishing operations as necessary
- Tests optics using test plates, interferometer, auto collimator and spherometer
- Interpret fringes on test plates and interferometers.
- Provide accurate estimates on polishing times for components in the polishing area
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform calculations using algebra, geometry and other basic mathematical calculations
- Work in close proximity with others
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of polishing and testing equipment
- Experience with CNC generators and milling machines, helpful
- Experience with polishing CaF.
- Experience to 193 nm
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma. Technical training a plus.
- 5 or more years polishing experience
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.