Job Id: 1195
San Francisco, CA
Research multiple optical system designs with optical simulation software, analyze results, build prototypes where needed, evaluate manufacturing possibilities, and select the best product design implementation. Conceptual experimentation with innovative optical designs is encouraged. Skilled, innovative, and reliable optical engineer to solve the next-generation challenges in AR optical, display, system, working on taking our product to mass production, and design for innovative features.
- Design and optimize optical systems and architecture for optical product device
- Daily operation using CodeV or Zemax. CodeV preferred and should have some experience with it.
- Design and source optical components for a customized display with high-resolution image source and high MTF performance
- Run tolerance analysis on the optical system design, optimizing it for performance, manufacturing, and assembly process
- Do stray lights analysis for designs in iterations
- Freeform optical design and optimization
- Diffractive element design
- Generate client-oriented optical spec, 2D and 3D drawings
- Use tools like VirtualLab Fusion, Lumerical for diffractive, and system simulation and optimization
- This is more an optical design, not an analysis engineer, we are looking for very hands-on candidates
- This is not a management role, is a hands-on and fast speed engineering role
- BS or higher in Optics or equivalent working experience
- Relevant industry experience including tech lead experience
- Experience in lens design and tolerancing using both glass and plastic optical materials
- Experience with miniaturized optics, and familiarity or experience with body-worn designs.
- Intimate knowledge of optical CAD (CodeV, Zemax, LightTools, VirtualLab, etc.), optimization, programming to model and refine sequential/non-sequential optical systems
- Experience with free-form optical design, and high order optimization using tools like CodeV
- Familiarity or expertise with CodeV macro language and/or other types of programming optimization
- Previous experience in head-mounted display or semiconductor optical industries would be a big plus
Location: California and open /remote
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application