Job Id: 1199
Company specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications imaging, and display systems for military, space and commercial applications. Looking for an Optical Engineer with the ability to develop complicated optical system designs to implement lasercom, LIDAR, head-mounted display, and hyperspectral imaging systems in the visible and infrared spectrum.
- Support our lasercom, LIDAR, hyperspectral imaging and class-leading HMD designs by generating innovative technical solutions for these state-of-the-art systems
- Design and analysis of optical systems, including developing optical architectures, analyzing system performance and selecting key optical components.
- Simulating and characterizing optical designs and performing tolerance analyses using ZEMAX and/or other tools.
- Support integration of complex systems involving optics, fiber optics, electronics, software, firmware, and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Support the mechanical engineering and system engineering leads with the opto-mechanical system design.
- Oversee the development of optical component, subassembly, and system inspection and test methodology and support transfer to production personnel.
- Interface with optical component suppliers and support the quote and order process during prototype development.
- Support new business proposals with preliminary optical designs ideas and performance simulations
- BS or advance degree and experience in the development of optical systems.
- Strong background in developing both active and passive optical systems.
- Experience with ZEMAX or other optical design tools.
- Experience in tolerance analysis, stray light analysis, environmental analysis
- Hands-on and laboratory skills in building, testing, validation, and troubleshooting of optical, fiber optic, electrical, and/or mechanical subsystems.
- Familiarity with beam steering and beam control systems a plus.
- Familiarity with free-space optical communication systems a plus.
- Space-based hardware experience a plus
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents (Green Card) only.
Hiring for positions CA California and FL Florida
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application