Job Id: 1079
Lead Optical Engineer
A developer of missile systems technology is seeking an optical design and analysis Engineering Fellow who will be responsible for designing new and advanced optical sensors in support of new product.
* The Lead optical engineer will be responsible for all optical aspects of product development, including optical design and analysis using CodeV or Zemax.
* The Lead will be responsible for lead optical design authority within a product design team, including design, development and transition to manufacturing, with schedule & financial management and oversight.
* The Lead will prepare specifications, drawings, technical data packages, procedures and related engineering change orders
* The Lead will assist with troubleshooting of design or fabrication problems with opto-mechanical sub-systems in production
* The Lead will partner with functional leaders to successfully execute and achieve all program milestones and prepare and present at regular internal and external program/status review
• BS/MS/PhD in Optics, Physics or Systems Engineering with a minimum of 5+ years related experience in optical design or analysis
• Knowledge and experience in infrared and visible optical design, analysis and tolerancing
• Proficient in CODE V and/or Zemax
• Experience with FRED (stray light analysis)
• Proposal writing experience
• Supervisory and Leadership experience
* US Citizenship required
Please hit the green APPLY button below and include your resume.
The Photonics Group
Call us at: 919 479 1941
Text us at: 919 695 2154