Job Id: 1222
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Be the lead engineer for the new product, shepherding the engineering effort through multiple project design phases: preliminary, detailed, and integration and test.
Organizing and supervising the engineering effort, and checking the work of all the team members.
Play a hands-on role in the design, fabrication, and assembly of the instrument, working in a collaborative environment of scientists, engineers, mechanical technicians, our in-house machine shop, students, postdocs, and vendors.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, optical engineering, physics, or equivalent knowledge as demonstrated by work experience.
- Experience in a lead engineer role in an optomechanical system, with an additional years of experience as an engineer demonstrating independent design responsibility for mechanisms, structures, vacuum systems, and precision mechanics.
- Telescope experience preferred
- Experience with precision mechanism design and assembly, error budgeting, tolerance analysis, and GD&T.
- Strong knowledge of parametric CAD, with a preference for SOLIDWORKS.
- Authorized to work in the US.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.