Job Id: 1131
Laser Test and Reliability Engineer
Vision correction to cell analysis, precision welding to 3-D metal printing, gravity wave detection to brain research–come help us build the light products and instruments that serve humanity. We are a leader in laser system research and development.
- Develop, plan, execute and report reliability tests
- Plan, schedule, manage and document qualification and reliability of new and existing products including executing:FMEA,Test Plan, Develop Test Bed, Execute Test Plan and Report Results
- Interface directly with customers in establishing product quality and reliability specifications and plans
- Develop new methods and protocols to accelerate product and component failure modes (life-testing, HALT, ALT, temp cycling, damp heat, etc.)
- Develop new methods and protocols to do component level testing and measurement
- Track and correct failures in products going through NPI process
- Compile, organize, and present data collected for review by team
- Locate, analyze, and report data in existing databases to calculate reliability metrics, and determine correlations between failure modes and environmental stresses.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science required (Masters or PhD preferred) in a technical field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of reliability environmental testing and performance testing of optical and/or electronic systems.
- Experience with test and measurement of electronic and/or optical systems
- Knowledge and aptitude in a broad range of physics/engineering topics: optics, fiber optics, electronics, mechanical engineering, and chemistry
- Continuous improvement mindset – improves products and processes through on-going testing and analysis
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities combined with hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and/or optical components.
Experience with vibration testing a plus.
Experience with LabView a plus
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application