Job Id: 1168
Laser Systems Engineer
Staff development engineer to design and launch our next generation of lasers and light engines.
- Provide technical leadership within the LSM Engineering group with the ability to work individually and in a team lead role. Deliver project assignments to schedule in a multi-project environment.
- Produce detailed designs of lasers, laser optics, beam shaping, optical fiber coupling, laser diode modules, and multi-laser light engines from UV to NIR.
- With mechanical and electrical engineers, develop precision optical assemblies, assembly methods and test/metrology procedures for new products.
- Lead build process development of laser diodes, laser modules, and multi-laser systems to project milestones, including building and testing initial prototypes, and coordinating with engineering technicians.
- Support the transfer of new products to manufacturing.
- Ph.D/MS. in Optical Engineering or Applied Physics or related field
- 3-5 years of applicable product development experience
- Optical system design of commercial laser products, both free space and fiber coupled.
- Design of micro-optics assemblies requiring passive and active alignment.
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM), FMEA, and reliability analysis.
- Formal problem-solving techniques/methodologies.
- Using geometric and physical optics in Optics Studio (Zemax).
- Validation testing of optical system designs at the optical bench, prototype and product stages.
- Experience with optical adhesives and adhesive bonding methods.
- Safe operation of lasers and laser systems.
- Recent experience with SolidWorks and/or a test programming language such as Labview is a plus.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.