Job Id: 1202
Laser Design Engineer
Ideal candidate will be able to work independently to design, construct, and test a fiber laser system from the oscillator to the nonlinear fiber optics stages. Make engineering decisions and procedure improvements to refine the system design and implementation.
- Initial responsibilities will focus on feature and specification improvements within the laser system containing fiber laser and free space nonlinear optics.
- Drive performance improvement in supercontinuum light source generation
- Provide expertise in broadband nonlinear frequency generation methods in SWIR region.
- BS in physics, optics, or engineering, with advanced degree preferred. Laser R/D experience.
- Strong understanding of fiber and free space optics.
- Strong understanding of supercontinuum light source generation
- Strong understanding of nonlinear optics in both fiber and free space.
- Strong laboratory skills, including, data collection, data analysis, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience in light source development for advanced spectroscopy and microscopy applications.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.