Job Id: 1145
Field Sales Engineer
Highly visible position which sells standard products and custom capabilities in an assigned territory directly to customers.
- Pursues new business with prospective customers based on information and leads obtained from corporate headquarters, trade shows, outside sales, PSEs, CRM, and other avenues
- Makes daily visits to new prospects and to existing customer accounts. Demonstrates products and emphasize salable features. Addresses technical questions. Reviews product offering and specifies EO products for integration. Communicates EO capabilities, reviews open orders, and provides project status. Advises and or specifies customers of components or equipment for given need based on technical knowledge of products.
- May travel outside defined territory occasionally to provide demonstrations and to advance sales as directed by management.
- Manages schedule of sales visits in assigned territory to call on current and prospective customers to solicit orders and manage relationships with customers.
- Works with assigned inside reps and other personnel to deliver quotations, proposals, and process orders obtained in accordance with company policy.
- Prepares call reports, reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Maintains CRM customer and opportunities database.
- Maintains and submits weekly itinerary.
- Prepares and submits monthly forecast with weekly updates.
- Meets with account principals (buyers, specifiers, mgmt.)
- Learns customer platforms / products / projects / components
- Learns competitive landscape
- BA/ BS in Optics or Physics, Electronics, or other engineering degree with Optics
- more than 6 months experience as a PSE or in discussing / specifying EO products and capabilities. Proficient at specifying products from EO standard products catalog
- Exceptional organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Experienced in computer-based technical sales.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong business ethics
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume to start your application