Job Id: 1083
Responsible for the engineering company fiber optic and copper cable assemblies. Reviewing and overseeing customer cable designs and generating cost estimates for military/ aerospace fiber optic and copper assembly products. The individual will report to the Director of Engineering and will interface with Sales and Order Administration, Manufacturing Engineering, and Production functions to ensure the best solution for the customer’s proposal. The Engineering Manager will be expected to manage the process of pulling together all necessary information into a coherent proposal for submittal to the customer.
- Support sales effort by providing technical consultation to customers on cable design as required.
- Adapt existing product designs to meet new specifications and applications
- Oversee development efforts of the Application Engineering team
- Write, review and sign off engineering changes as required.
- Review existing and/or create new detailed drawings, bill of materials and other documentation.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, raw materials.
- Recommend methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities
- Manage proposal activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Manage a team of Application Engineers.
- Need to build and develop relationships cross-functionally to get results
- Strong and proven track record as an Technical Engineering Manager
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently cross functionally
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials selections, and product testing.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task and lead a team
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.