Job Id: 1074
Electrical Engineer–FPGA Design
Design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems defense and geophysical exploration products. Support digital and analog electronics design and failure analysis. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement and navigation. Major activities include electronics design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and associated design and synthesis tools.
• Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.
• Design Low/Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test.
• Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
• Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
• Perform CCA Design specifying Mixed Signal Technology circuits consisting of A/D, D/A, Processors, I/O communication and Programmable Logic (FPGA, CPLD) circuits.
• Provide system test and evaluation support including input to test plans and procedures.
• Investigate root cause of component failures. Generate related documentation including technical status, forecast technical needs, and make recommendations for appropriate improvements.
• Review and mitigate component obsolescence.
• Implement the procedures necessary to evaluate the design activities and to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards, and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
• BSEE, Computer Engineering or other related technical field of study. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
• 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of High Complexity Digital Design Techniques and Devices.
• Hardware debugging skills & experienced in operation of Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope and Embedded FPGA Debugging tools.
Security clearance required
Locations is Maryland
Call us at 919 479 1941
The Photonics Group