Job Id: 1165
East Coast Sales Engineer
San Jose, CA
Design, manufacture and distribution of high-end laser systems for scientific, medical and industrial application has an opening for a home based East Coast Sales Engineer responsible for managing and developing sales in the eastern territory of the USA with a focus on high energy lasers systems.
- Identify new opportunities, applications, segments, and markets for our unique products and capabilities. Scientific applications targeted include: THz generation, spectroscopy, photocathode laser, Inverse Compton Scattering, X-ray and Gamma-ray, Proton-therapy, LWFA, dynamic compression, CPA & OPCPA pumping, laser peening and others.
- Attend tradeshows, conferences, and make routine customer visits (up to 30% travel)
- Develop and execute strategies for territory and specific accounts as well as provide accurate forecast pipeline and opportunities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Apply strong knowledge in bidding paperwork process for university and government institutes.
- Candidate will have a solid understanding of photonics, laser techniques and applications (ability to read technical documentation and understand the main features of an application or need), and capable of conducting discussions with end users (e.g., Professors, scientists).
- Candidate must have the ability to adapt to individual sales situations, manage & negotiate very different projects, from standard laser products to large & advanced projects.
- Identify, collect, and disseminate, customer requirements and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement,
- A Bachelor’s degree (Masters or PhD degree desirable) in Photonics-related field (Physics, Engineering, Applied Science)
- 2-3 years of demonstrated success in a customer oriented, business development role
Scientific lasers, high energy lasers, diode-pumped ultrafast solid-state lasers, TW & PW class lasers
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.