Job Id: 1154
Chief Operating Officer
Wenzhou China, CA
COO role for a VCSEL manufacturing facility in Wanzhou, Chongqing poised for public offering within two years. A commuting schedule from the States is possible.
- Work closely with the CEO and CTO to build a world class manufacturing operations with innovative and efficient workflows, processes and systems to implement the company’s technical vision.
- Involved in the building of a proficient operations team. Team members should be technically proficient in the III-V Optoelectronics Fab environment and also have strong product development/operations ramp-up expertise. Members should foster innovation, lean production methods and be good team players
- Work closely with top team members, such as VP Ops, Operations Manager, Production Manager, and make sure they are working together to efficiently implement the overall Operations strategy
- Work closely with CTO/COO on quarterly review of technical progress/upcoming internal strategic initiatives and make sure the operations can provide the required support
- Be a spokesperson for the company among the semiconductor manufacturing community and keep ahead with the evolution of manufacturing operations as new applications emerge and markets evolve
- Work closely with other members of the management team to provide proper reporting of operation goals and performance metrics to Chairman and other Board Members
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior experience working for a top tier Optoelectronics company in the VCSEL market space is required.
- Minimum 5 years in a senior management role in Operations is required
- MS in EE, Physics or Material Science with III-V Optoelectronics background is required.
- The company is located overseas so will require travel and staying on site. At least 50% of the time.
- Bilingual preferred. English/Mandarin
Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and other qualifications
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.