Job Id: 1207
Business Development Manager
Become part of a company that is recognized for technical expertise and respected world-wide that design and manufacture precision motion control products and inertial control components. Our inertial guidance and navigation systems control military and commercial aircraft, military land vehicles, missiles, marine vehicles, satellites, and space instruments.
Customer facing team that is responsible for business development and market penetration for inertial measurement and navigation products / solutions for use in aircraft, UAV’s, missiles and space, land vehicles, and sea platforms. Background in aerospace and defense electronic systems, particularly navigation systems. The individual must be a strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to lead business development teams and activities. Manage a team of GND Business Development professionals. The individual will often function as a leader of capture teams responsible for new business opportunities related to Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) systems.
This position has the flexibility to work from either location or remotely.
- Identify and recommend industry / defense markets, and specific customers for GND products. Design the go-to-market strategy for each targeted market, and collaborate with the GND team on product development, strategy and execution.
- Analyze DOD, foreign and commercial guidance and navigation system requirements / procurements, including supporting technologies, and convert the resulting analysis into business development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain competitive market analyses. Identify, interpret and communicate key market drivers, trends and technologies within the GND market in order capture new business opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, and lead execution of the GND annual Bookings Plan.
- Provide input to pricing models, and market promotion(s) that will grow market share.
- Support development of a strategic business plan that will have a high probability of success.
- Establish relationships with customers (domestic and/or foreign) and identify high-level decision makers.
- Develop marketing materials, including sales kits, white papers, data sheets, and channel promotion information.
- Actively lead and manage internal cross-functional teams in customer sales cycles, including customer proposals and RFP responses. Responsible for ensuring customer proposals, pricing and RFP responses are complete and compliant to customer guidelines.
- Manage a team of other Business Development professionals
- Travel: 50% or more of time.
- Strategic thinking, business acumen, market savvy, product/technical depth, presentation skills, credibility with technical teams and customers.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to drive timely RFP response from cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop business approaches and strategies that will have high probability of success of capturing opportunities leading to sustainable and profitable growth of GND.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (written and verbal)
- Drives for results, action oriented.
- 10+ years performing Business Development (sales, marketing, capture, proposal) activities, especially in tactical maritime and weapons systems.
- Strong technical background, preferably inertial navigation systems.
- Hunter mentality and strong understanding of the customer decision making process, quickly building strong relationships with targeted individuals.
- Must understand DoD budgeting process and how targeted opportunities become a Program of Record.
- Familiar with DCS, FMS, FMF, OTA, and other procurement processes.
- Experience pursuing and capturing International aerospace and defense business opportunities.
- Formal training in the Shipley or equivalent capture process strongly desired.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance.
Please click the green APPLY button below and include your resume.